Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownies
Gluten can cause digestive issues (or worse) for many, so I try to go gluten-free any time I’m bak ing for a large crowd. The best part about this recipe is that I can serve it to my non-gluten-free friends, and they can’t tell the difference because all they can taste is the delicious combination of dark chocolate and espresso powder.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 × 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang. Lightly coat the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond ﬂour, coconut ﬂour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil in a large bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate and coconut oil are melted.
- Mix in the sugar until combined. Let cool.
- Add the eggs to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in the ﬂour mixture, then the chocolate chips. Spread the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then carefully lift the brownies by the parchment paper and set on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Keywords: gluten-free, chocolate, brownies