A few years ago, my cousin made me the most delicious Peach Cobbler that I had ever had. She gave me her recipe and we worked together to fine-tune it, ending up with this recipe with plenty of love from the both of us. Our family-famous cobbler is a tantalizingly delicious blend of ripe peaches and cinnamon that will have you baking for more.
With its perfect balance of sweetness, this flavor is sure to become a new favorite for anyone who tries it, especially for a loved one who loves to eat sweet things! While there are many wonderful desserts out there, few can compare to the simple pleasure of a well-made Peach Cobbler. There’s something about the combination of juicy, sweet peaches and a crisp, flaky pastry that just hits the spot in a way that nothing else can. Whether you’re serving it up for a picnic or enjoying it as an after-dinner treat by the fireplace, Peach Cobbler is sure to please.
Peach Cobbler is a classic Southern dessert because it’s the perfect way to enjoy fresh peaches; in fact, the key to this cobbler is using ripe, juicy peaches. You want to look for peaches that are soft to the touch and give off a slight aroma. Once you’ve got your hands on some good peaches, the rest is easy. This recipe comes together quickly and can be easily adapted to feed a crowd. Don’t forget the ice cream, though — it’s a must! You can keep it simple with just peaches and cinnamon or get a little fancy by adding in some other summer fruits like blueberries. If you’re curious about the sweet flavors and flaky pastry in cobbler, why not give this classic dessert a try?Print
This Peach Cobbler is a Southern standard, perfect any time of year using canned or preserved peaches as well as fresh ones from your own tree.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Bakery
- 8 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted, and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Mix together:
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C)
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them.
- Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
Do you want to start growing peaches at home? With our Perfect Peaches Gardening Guide, you’ll have everything you need to know about growing and enjoying this delicious fruit.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s easy, delicious, and a summer classic. Please tell us how it turned out for you.