3 Ingredient Lemon Bars
Make this surprisingly easy lemon dessert with just three ingredients. It’s a great recipe to whip up when you’re short on time but still want a crowd-pleaser.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (16-ounce) lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (21-ounce) can lemon pie filling
- Sprinkles for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the cake mix and butter and beat on medium speed until well combined and crumbly. Set aside ½ cup of the mixture, and press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spoon the lemon pie ﬁlling over the top, spreading it into an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved dry mixture over the pie ﬁlling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the ﬁlling is bubbling and the top begins to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and top with sprinkles (optional).
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares or bars to serve. Store any leftover bars, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.