Zucchini might just be the most versatile veggie of the bunch. It’s a ﬁtting alternative to chicken in the Baked Zucchini Parmesan Casserole and even replaced lasagna noodles in the Zucchini Lasagna. It plays a new role in this recipe by taking the place of pota toes with these fun ’n’ friendly tots!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 12 mini tots 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a mini mufﬁn tin with cooking spray.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dishtowel. Wring as much of the excess water out of the zucchini as you can.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, egg, onion, cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each mufﬁn section to the top, pushing down on the ﬁlling with your spoon.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the tops turn golden.
- Run a plastic knife around the edges of each tot and pop them out.
- Serve with ranch dressing or another dip of your choice.
Keywords: zucchini. zucchini tots