Honey Roasted Honeynut Squash Recipe
In this recipe, we hasselback some ultra-sweet Honeynut squash, and bake in a delicious toasted sage brown butter.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 Honeynut Squash
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- 3 large sage leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease a 9″ pie dish or cake pan.
- Peel squashes, cut off the ends and slice down the middle the long way. Scoop out the seeds, then place on a cutting board flat-side down.
- Use a sharp knife to “hasselback” the squash halves by creating thin slices that stop halfway down (see photo for reference) to create an accordion effect, but not too literally. Place in your baking dish in a single layer.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt your butter, then add sage. Cook only until the butter begins to brown, then pour over your squashes. Don’t worry if the butter doesn’t get inside all of the slices at this point.
- Drizzle with honey, then sprinkle with cinnamon, then add to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Halfway through, use a spoon to drizzle butter mixture from the bottom of the pan over squash again.
- Remove from oven when ready, and spoon butter mixture over the top again, then serve as a side with dinner.