Brown Sugar–Bourbon Glazed Carrots
The light bourbon glaze adds a sweetness to the carrots that will have everyone clamoring to load up on more vegetables.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound baby carrots
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, orange juice, and salt. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the baby carrots are just fork-tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the bourbon and brown sugar. Return the pan to the heat and continue simmering, uncovered, until the sauce has reduced by half and created a syrupy glaze. Toss with the orange zest and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Keywords: brown sugar–bourbon glazed carrots, brown sugar, bourbon, carrots