Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a mainstay during the holidays. The cream cheese adds a creamier, sweeter punch to an already sweet veggie. Baking them twice gives them a slightly crispy edge that makes for a fun alternative to the traditional mashed version.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise in half and place cut-side down on the baking sheet. Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Scoop out the centers of the potatoes into a medium bowl, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Add the cream cheese, cream, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the potato centers and mash until combined.
- Fill the sweet potato shells with the potato mixture; sprinkle with the pecans and season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake until the potatoes are heated through and the pecans are toasted, 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Keywords: sweet potatoes, potato