Slow Cooker Rosemary Dinner Rolls
When the holidays come around, I try to search for recipes that’ll use every inch of the kitchen, which is why I love that these rolls are made in the slow cooker. When you’ve already got a turkey in the oven and a couple of casseroles to reheat, here’s how you can enjoy fresh-baked bread without using the oven.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 rolls 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra as needed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a small bowl, stir the yeast into the warm water until dissolved. Let stand until the mixture is foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the milk, egg, oil, sugar, and salt on medium speed until combined, about 3 minutes. With the mixer running, slowly add the yeast mixture, then add the flour, 2 tablespoons cheese, the rosemary, and garlic powder and beat until combined.
- Switch to the dough hook and knead for 5 to 9 minutes on low speed, until the dough is slightly tacky, but smooth. Add a bit more flour if the dough is too sticky. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker insert with 2 pieces of parchment paper and lightly coat the parchment paper with cooking spray. Place the balls of dough in the slow cooker on top of the parchment paper. (A 6-quart slow cooker can fit 12 rolls side by side.)
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on low. Switch to high and cook for 1 more hour. Preheat the broiler.
- Lift the rolls from the slow cooker using the parchment paper. Remove rolls from the parchment paper and place them on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and 2 tablespoons cheese and broil for 3 to 5 minutes until golden on top. Serve.
Keywords: rosemary dinner rolls, slow cooker, rosemary, rolls