Need a tasty change of pace from your basic bread? Use frozen bread dough—or your own—as the base for a savory roll to go with dinner.Print
Easy Onion Dinner Rolls
Need a tasty change of pace from your basic bread? Use frozen bread dough—or your own—as the base for a savory roll to go with dinner.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Additional Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: Serves 9
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 1-pound loaf frozen white bread dough (or your own)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- Thaw bread dough.
- Lightly grease 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Divide loaf of dough into 9 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Place 9 dough balls in baking pan.
- Cover the pan with waxed paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place until it’s almost doubled in size—about an hour.
- While the dough is rising, sauté the onions in the butter over medium heat until they’re tender.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- When the dough is ready, spoon the sautéed onions over the rolls.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s a real people pleaser—please tell us how it turned out for you.