Cheesy Beer Dip
This ooey-gooey dip is sure to become the centerpiece of your game day festivities. The secret is in the Guinness, which adds a rich, earthy flavor that’s only enhanced by the slow simmer of the slow cooker. Serve it in a bowl or straight out of the slow cooker to keep it piping hot even through the commercials!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Makes 5 cups 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 4 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese (white, sharp, and mild)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup Guinness or other similar dark ale
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Lightly coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, Guinness, and mustard. Cover and cook for 2 hours on Low, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with scallions and bacon, and sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired. Serve with kettle chips and/or pretzel bites.