Double-Loaded Potato Casserole
This is a simple yet elegant and easy way to serve potatoes. No matter the occasion, this take on potato gratin is beautiful, creamy, and easy to serve. Don’t worry about peeling the potatoes; their salty roasted skins just add to the ﬂavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 3 russet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Using a mandoline or knife, slice the potatoes 1/4 inch thick. Spread half of the potatoes in the pie plate and season with the salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of each cheese and then the bacon over
- the potatoes and add the remaining potato slices. Top with the remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and egg. Pour over the potatoes. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.
Keywords: potato, casserole