Veggie Medley Casserole
Picky-eater troubles? Say no more. An assortment of good-for-you vegetables, mixed with cream and cheddar cheeses and baked until warm and gooey, will have even the most skeptical veggie haters coming back for seconds!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 (3-pound) bag frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), thawed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave the mixed vegetables until heated through, according to package instructions, and pour into an 8 × 8-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, whisk the butter, ﬂour, and onion over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the milk, salt, and pepper, then add the cream cheese and stir until smooth. Pour the cream cheese sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes. Serve.
Keywords: vegetarian, casserole