These surprisingly simple maple-glazed carrots are sweet and savory. You can play with the ﬂavors by switching in honey for the syrup or using different herbs such as dill or even cilantro.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound carrots
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium sauté pan with a lid, bring 1 1/2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to a gentle boil. Add the carrots, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan with the maple syrup, butter, and lemon juice. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with the parsley; serve.