Roasted Delicata Squash with Honey-Garlic Goat Cheese and Roasted Squash Seeds
Pair your next chicken dinner with a side of this roasted delicata squash, filled with a sweet honey-garlic goat cheese, and garnished with toasted squash seeds
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 thin, long, delicata squash, washed
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz garlic & herb goat cheese
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a baking sheet. Take out your goat cheese and bring to room temperature.
- Cut the ends off the squash, then cut into 1/2″ rounds. Use your knife or a spoon to scoop the seeds out of the middle of each round. You’ll be filling in the rounds with goat cheese, so it’s best not to scoop too aggressively. Rinse and save a handful of seeds to roast for the garnish.
- Spread squash out on your baking sheet, and rub with olive oil on both sides so they don’t stick. Spread your washed seeds on the sheet in between the slices, in a single later. Sprinkle lightly with paprika all over, and with a light salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-40 minutes depending the thickness of your delicata squash. Check at the 15-20 minute mark. It’s done when it’s easy to cut through, including the skin.
- Turn off your oven and remove to cool. In the meantime, add goat cheese to a small bowl with honey and mix until smooth and blended.
- Plate your squash as a side on your serving plates, and fill the middle of the round with goat cheese mixture, then top with toasted seeds. Enjoy!
Sounds lovely, now where’s the recipe for roasting seeds?
For this recipe, they’re roasted alongside the squash. Here’s a separate recipe for seeds: https://foodgardening.mequoda.com/recipe/roasted-winter-squash-seeds/