Oven-Roasted Potatoes and Onions with Rosemary
This quick and easy recipe for roasting potatoes and onions in the oven makes a savory side dish for busy weeknights. Oven-roasted potatoes and onions with rosemary are cooked slow to caramelize the onions and garlic as they are roasted in a brothy butter mixture.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Additional Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 lbs New baby potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 4 large garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp beef bouillon powder (or vegetable)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 stick (8 tbsp butter)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and prepare your vegetables. If the potatoes are bigger than bite-sized, slice them in half or into-bite-sized quarters.
- In a baking dish or tinfoil roasting pan, add potatoes, sliced onions, grated garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, and extra virgin olive oil. Toss. Add bouillon, spices and honey and toss again. Slice your stick of butter into 8 tablespoons and place pats of butter evenly over the top.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake or grill for 30-40 minutes, mixing halfway though and re-covering. They’re ready when they’re easily pierced with a fork. Better to overcook than undercook. Remove from heat, mix again, and then re-cover on the counter for an additional 15 minutes before serving.