Low-Carb Zesty Zucchini Casserole
Sweet corn combined with super thin zucchini and zested up with spice makes for a delightful low-carb pasta alternative. Baked in Parmesan and cream, it’s a light but satisfying side to eat along with a salad, steak, or salmon.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and lightly coat an 8 × 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the zucchini and sauté, ﬂipping occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add the corn, leek, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove from the heat, add the cheese, half-and-half, and bay leaves, and pour into the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Remove the bay leaves. Serve.
Keywords: zucchini, casserole