Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
Corn is a staple throughout the Midwest, which is why corn casseroles are so prevalent all summer long. It’s one of those side dishes that meshes well with anything from fish to chicken to pork to burgers. The cream cheese gives this version a denser, sweeter taste, making it more enticing than ever!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8-ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, two mini loaf pans, or four 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 can of the whole kernel corn, the creamed corn, muffin mix, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and scallions and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish or ramekins and bake for 45 minutes, until set.
- Remove from the oven, top with the cheese, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with the remaining can of corn, cilantro, salt, and pepper, and serve.