Cream Cheese Corn Casserole is a comforting and delicious recipe that is perfect for any time you want a cozy and filling side dish. This recipe is a twist on traditional corn casserole, which typically features a sweet and savory cornbread-like base. In this version, cream cheese is added to the mixture for an extra creamy and rich texture that is sure to please everyone at the table.
The recipe starts with a base of whole kernel corn, the creamed corn, muffin mix, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and scallions. The cream cheese gives the casserole a velvety texture and a tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the corn. The mixture is then baked in the oven in ramekins until it is golden brown and set.
Cream Cheese Corn Casserole is a versatile recipe that can be served as a side dish with smoked or roasted meats, or as a vegetarian main dish with a salad or other vegetable side. You can make it gluten-free with gluten-free cornbread mix. It is also a great recipe for holiday gatherings, potlucks, or any occasion that calls for a comforting and crowd-pleasing dish.
This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your liking by adding different herbs, spices, or toppings. For example, you could add chopped jalapenos or green chilies for a spicy kick, or top the casserole with crispy bacon or breadcrumbs for added texture.
Overall, Cream Cheese Corn Casseroleis a delicious and comforting recipe that is sure to become a family favorite. With its creamy texture and rich flavor, it’s the perfect side dish for any meal or occasion.Print
Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
Cream Cheese Corn Casserole is one of those side dishes that meshes well with anything from fish to chicken to pork to burgers. The cream cheese gives this version a denser, sweeter taste, making it more enticing than ever!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8-ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, two mini loaf pans, or four 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 can of the whole kernel corn, the creamed corn, muffin mix, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and scallions and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish or ramekins and bake for 45 minutes, until set.
- Remove from the oven, top with the cheese, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with the remaining can of corn, cilantro, salt, and pepper, and serve.
Will you try this Cream Cheese Corn Casserole? Let me know what you think!