These peas work especially well alongside the Olive Oil Roast with Red Wine Jus in your Christmas spread because the mint flavor is in keeping with the tastes of the season.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook the peas according to the package
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended and beginning to bubble. Slowly whisk the milk into the mixture and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Drain the peas and mix into the sauce. Add the mint and stir. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Keywords: peas, holiday