Garlic Mushroom Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts
Replacing rice with quinoa can make a huge difference in terms of nutrition. It’s higher in potassium, protein, calcium, iron, and much more, making it a food that ought to be a staple in everyone’s diet. The sharp garlic ﬂavor gives this dish plenty of personality.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, blanch the Brussels sprouts in 2 cups salted water over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and dried thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mushrooms and Brussels sprouts into the quinoa until well combined.
- Serve immediately, topped with the Parmesan cheese and fresh thyme.
Keywords: quinoa, brussels sprouts, garlic, mushroom