Pickled carrots make a colorful garnish and can be a delicious addition to a crudité plate along with olives and raw veggies.
You don’t have to do full-on canning to preserve your carrots. You can do a quick pickling process that will give you tasty pickled carrots the same day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Other (cooling, chilling): 3 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 1-pint jar 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into coins or thin sticks
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Put your prepared carrots into a heatproof glass jar; a canning jar is a good choice.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a pot and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has reached a full boil, pour it over the carrots.
- Let them cool, uncovered, until they reach room temperature.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- These will keep for up to three weeks.