Easy Maple Roasted Potatoes and Squash with Bacon
Your whole family will love these maple-roasted potatoes and squash with crispy bacon, and you’ll love it because it’s so easy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 large white potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 honeynut squash (a small butternut works too)
- ½ cup onions, sliced into rounds
- 1–2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 heaping tbsp mixed fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, and sage are all lovely)
- 8 oz bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Peel your potatoes and honeynut (or butternut) squash, de-seed, and cut into ½” cubes. For your delicata squash, simply discard the ends, and cut into ¼’ rounds, discarding seeds as they come up.
- Toss your potatoes and squash on to the baking sheet with sliced onions, walnut oil, and fresh herbs.
- Lay bacon out across your potatoes and squash to create an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender and bacon is crispy, then remove, drizzle with maple syrup and toss, then put back in the oven for another five minutes.
- Let cool and break up the bacon, drizzle with any remaining maple syrup, toss again, and enjoy!