Turkey Gnocchi Soup
The use of turkey sausage instead of pork sausage makes this soup leaner, while the addition of kale makes this a high-ﬁber food. If you’ve never had gnocchi before, it’s a soft, doughy dumpling that acts as a potato pillow, complementing the surrounding ingredients, like the turkey sausage.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Soups
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 jarred roasted red bell pepper, drained and diced
- 1 pound packaged potato gnocchi
- 3 cups baby kale, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pot, cook the turkey sausage and the onion over medium- high heat until the sausage is browned, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 Drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Add the broth and the roasted red pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the gnocchi. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kale, cream, nutmeg, salt, and black Bring to a simmer and cook until the kale starts to wilt and the soup is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with Parmesan.
Keywords: turkey, gnocchi, soup, turkey gnocchi soup