Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Quick to prepare, this soup is a perfect slow cooker meal that will fill your home with amazing smells all afternoon. With ham, carrots, celery and, of course, split peas, this soup is packed with flavor and nutrients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Soups
- 2 cups diced ham steak
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, chopped and rinsed well
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the ham steak, split peas, leek, celery, carrots, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or on Low for 7 to 8 hours, until the peas are done.
- Remove the bay leaf, ladle it into bowls, and serve.