While the corn and the zucchini are the two stars of this chowder, the addition of onion, bell pepper, and potatoes make this a vegetable cornucopia! I get a new burst of ﬂavor in each spoon ful in a comforting, creamy broth, making it a hit every summer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Soups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream- style corn
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Add the potatoes, bay leaf, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cream-style corn, frozen corn, zucchini, milk, and heavy cream. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, until the soup begins to simmer again. Remove the bay leaf. Taste and season with salt and black pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Keywords: corn, zucchini, chowder