Steak and Potato Soup
The red pepper ﬂakes, chili, and cayenne pepper add a bit of a kick to this essential “I’m holing myself up in my house all day and watching movies under a blanket” soup. The thick, juicy chunks of beef pair well with the chunky, hearty potato pieces for a feel-good dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 - 8 1x
- Category: Soups
- 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chuck roast, onion, garlic, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika, red pepper ﬂakes, salt, and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours or on Low for 8 to 10 hours, until the meat and potatoes are tender.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with chopped green onions, and serve.
Keywords: steak, potato, steak and potato, soup