Chicken Cannellini Soup
White beans have certainly made a home in my kitchen. They’re loaded up with plenty of ﬁber, which helps you digest sugar at a slower rate, keeping your glucose levels from rising too fast. I love how this soup contrasts different ingredient textures by incorporating both the soft white beans and the ﬂaky pieces of chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Soups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can white cannellini beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon red paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the carrot and cook until the vegetables start to caramelize, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell peppers. Stir and sauté the vegetables until they start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, navy beans, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Keywords: chicken, cannellini, soup