Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
Any day I can raid the produce aisles of my local grocery store is a day I can feel good about. For me, the more veggies I can use, the better the dish will taste. The variety keeps it exciting up through the very last spoonful! Feel free to substitute the veggies here for others that better suit your tastes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Soups
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2–3 stalks celery, diced (1 cup)
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fire- roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely minced thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Lightly spray a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Add the corn, green beans, potatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, garlic, broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 7 hours on Low or 4 hours on High until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Keywords: vegetable soup, slow cooker