Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
You can build your preferred spice level in chili in a few different ways. You can mix in jala peños, add various spices like red pepper ﬂakes and chili seasoning, or incorporate different sauces, like Buffalo wing sauce. Pack up a thermos or two full of this and bring it with you when you go tailgating!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Soups
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- Blue cheese crumbles, for garnish
- In a sauté pan, quickly brown the chicken on all sides. The chicken will not be fully cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a 6-quart slow cooker and add the beans, tomatoes, broth, wing sauce, ranch dressing mix, corn, garlic, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the block of cream cheese on top of everything and cover. Cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 6 hours, occasionally to combine the cheese into the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with blue cheese crumbles.
Keywords: slow cooker, buffalo, chicken, chili, soup