Easy Slow Cooker Beef Chili
There’s nothing better than the smell of chili being made throughout the day. Thanks to your slow cooker, this beef chili is easy, flavorful, and just what you need to warm up after a long day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Soups
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese and crackers, for serving
- In a large skillet, combine the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Transfer the mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, tomato juice, and tomato sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm, topped with cheese and crackers.