Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew
The secret to adding ﬂavor to this chicken stew is in the ranch dressing mix. One packet con tains a blend of spices like garlic powder, dry buttermilk, onion powder, and more that make the stew extra creamy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Soups
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken breasts, onion, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the melted butter over and stir to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, ranch dressing mix, and thyme. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Keywords: chicken stew, chicken, stew, slow cooker