Extra Creamy Mushroom Soup
The heavy cream makes this soup rich and creamy, while the cremini mushrooms add an earth iness that tastes just right.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Soups
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ﬂour and cook, stirring continuously, for 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add the broth and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the cream and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 5 minutes more, or until thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh thyme.
Keywords: mushroom, mushroom soup