Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
It could be argued that the most comforting meal around is chicken noodle soup. It’s not just the warmth and the steam that billows out of the bowl, but the texture of each ingredient as you slurp and swallow the warm chicken broth. What makes this recipe so good is the fall-apart- tender chicken, and it’s the slow-cooking method that accomplishes this. No need to stand over a stove to make your favorite winter remedy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Soups
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup egg noodles
- Combine the chicken breasts, chicken broth, water, carrots, onion, celery, peas, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, and bay leaves in a 6-quart slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6 hours on low. Discard the bay leaves. Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and salt and cook according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Return to the slow cooker, add the egg noodles and heat through for 5 minutes. Serve.
Keywords: chicken, noodle, slow cooker, soup, chicken noodle