Blistered Shishito Pepper Recipe with Sriracha Crema
Blistering shishito peppers and serving them with a sriracha crema is a unique way to prepare these mild-flavored peppers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 2–3 cups fresh shishito peppers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime, zested, and quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Toss shishito peppers in olive oil, then preheat your skillet to medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, while your skillet heats, mix together your sour cream, sriracha, and the zest from your lime and set aside.
- Once the skillet is hot, drop your shishito peppers in the skillet and let cook for 5-10 minutes, trying not to move around too much so that you get the blistered effect. You could also broil them in the oven for about 5 minutes if you want to go that route.
- When done, drizzle with about a teaspoon of juice from your lime, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Serve next to your sriracha crema, dip, and enjoy!