Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
Adding cheese to the center of these stuffed meatballs is an unforgettable twist that’ll have everyone reaching for seconds. Keep a cup of toothpicks or those fun plastic swords on hand for serving!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes 20 meatballs 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block mozzarella cheese, cut into twenty 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, panko, Parmesan cheese, chicken broth, egg, 2 tablespoons parsley, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 portions. Form each portion around a cube of mozzarella cheese to make a meatball.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fully cooked. While the meatballs cook, heat the marinara sauce. Spoon the marinara sauce over the top of the meatballs and sprinkle with parsley.
Keywords: cheesy stuffed meatballs, meatballs, cheese