Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho Boats
Nachos are another sporting staple that needed a healthy makeover. It’s the chips that tend to be the most problematic. They break easily and aren’t particularly ﬁlling, causing you to grab more and more. Using mini bell peppers gives the nachos even more substance while cutting back on unnecessary calories.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 18 boats 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1 pound mini bell peppers (about 8 peppers)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the tops off the peppers, then slice each in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Set on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Evenly spoon the chicken mixture into each pepper.
- Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Top the peppers with cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Keywords: bell pepper, nacho