Honey Barbecue Chicken Poppers
Do you always wimp out and order the mildest sauce with your wings? If you can’t stand the heat, then these chicken poppers are going to be your new best friend. The sweet honey taste will allow even the faint of heart to join in on the chicken fun during game day.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and coat the pieces with the ﬂour.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the cornﬂakes, salt, pepper, lemon seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, a few pieces at a time, then roll the pieces in the cornﬂake mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat to coat all the chicken.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- For the honey barbecue sauce: In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, and ketchup.
- Serve the chicken with the dipping sauce on the side.
Keywords: honey, barbecue, chicken, poppers, honey barbecue, chicken poppers