Chunky Chicken Salad Cups
Wonton cups, made with those thin wrappers you usually use when making egg rolls, are a must-have anytime you’re expecting guests. You can put just about any kind of salad or dessert in them, and you’ve got an instantly sophisticated snack that guests can carry around easily while mingling. Experiment with different deli salad recipes to mix things up!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Major Grey’s or other mango chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup currants or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup mufﬁn pan with cooking spray.
- Place a wonton wrapper into each mufﬁn cup, forming it against the bottom and sides of the cup, and bake for 7–8 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow cups to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, currants, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill the wonton cups with the chicken salad. Serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Keywords: chicken, salad cups