Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Not sure what to make for your gluten-free friend who’s coming to visit? These lettuce wraps are a great option! They’re just what you need to give yourself a healthy reset after you’ve indulged in a big meal the night before. Just make sure you get gluten-free hoisin sauce, and then chow down to enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Appetizers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4.9-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce (about 6 ounces)
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned, for 4–5 minutes. Add the carrots, pepper, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, 5–7 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts and stir to Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, and sriracha sauce. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer to a serving dish and stir in the green onions, salt, and pepper.
- To serve, scoop 3–4 tablespoons of the meat mixture into a lettuce leaf. Fold up the leaf and eat.
Keywords: chicken, lettuce, wrap