Hosting parties or having potluck get-togethers are always a great way to get yourself hyped for cooking. You get to make something that will satisfy not just your guests but also your culinary creativity. During parties like these, I find it a welcome and pleasant challenge to come up with something sophisticated, yet easy to prepare. I mean, you never know when you have to make a second batch, or even a third!
So, if you need something quick but exquisite, you should definitely try making Grilled Shrimp With Sriracha-Chili Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce! This recipe is a mouthful, and I’m not talking about its name. Trust me when I say that “More shrimp, please!” will be the catchphrase of the day with this appetizer on the table.
What I love most about this recipe — and I’m sure you will, too — is how the tender, semi salty-sweet flavors of grilled shrimp mix so well with this delightful yet simple dipping sauce that you can whip up in just a few minutes. The shrimp themselves are already a treat to begin with as they are seasoned with some salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. The subtle tartness from the lemon juice is just the right flourish for this seafood to make it even tastier than it already is.
Now for the sauce, and what a treat it is! Sriracha is generally known as a spicy kind of sauce, but its flavors are actually a combination of spicy with a bit of tang and hints of sweetness alongside pungent and earthy notes of garlic. Mix that with some chili sauce and Greek yogurt that’s light, refreshing, and mellow but distinctly sour. Not only does the Greek yogurt give the sauce a creamy texture, but it also tempers and harmonizes the varying degrees of spice. Topped with some chopped scallions bearing a peppery kick and you’ve got a simple but exquisite sauce to dip your shrimp — and fingers — into!
Best of all, you can prepare this sauce ahead of time. Just make sure there’s enough shrimp for your wonderful Grilled Shrimp With Sriracha-Chili Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce!Print
Grilled Shrimp with Sriracha-Chili Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Dip into this easy-to-prepare but sophisticated recipe for Grilled Shrimp With Sriracha-Chili Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 pound shrimp, uncooked, shelled, and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha sauce. Stir well to combine. Taste and add more sriracha if desired. Pour into a small serving dish and top with the scallions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the shrimp with salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir to combine and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high. Alternatively, heat a grill pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the grill or pan. Cook for about 2 minutes and then turn the shrimp. Cook for another 2 minutes. The shrimp will turn pink and begin to curl. Remove from the heat to a serving platter.
- Serve with the spicy dipping sauce and lemon wedges.
Have you tried this recipe yet? What did you think?