Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Dips are one of the easiest ways to satisfy your guests during the holidays. This restaurant-quality spinach and artichoke dip is eminently dippable. I suggest serving it with pita chips, but you can offer a few other options too, including tortilla chips and crackers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pita chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, sauté the spinach until wilted over medium heat. Add the artichoke hearts and cook until any liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, crème fraîche, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes on medium speed until smooth. Add the spinach and artichokes and beat until combined. Pour into the baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbling.
- Serve with pita chips.
- If you can’t find crème fraîche, feel free to substitute additional sour cream.
Keywords: spinach and artichoke dip