Make-Ahead Southwest Wraps
Easy to throw together the morning before a party, these little wraps combine favorite southwest flavors into bite-size appetizers. Slice and add toothpicks to hold together for transport.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can RoTel tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.2-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas or wraps in the flavor of your choice
- Potato chips, for serving
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Use a spoon to stir in the cheddar, green onions, black beans, corn, bacon, jalapeño, and shredded chicken.
- Divide the mixture among the tortillas, spreading it out evenly and leaving a border at the edge. Roll up tightly. Wrap the rollups snugly in plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Stick toothpicks in the center of each rollup, if you wish, to help keep it tightly rolled. Serve with potato chips alongside.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.