Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits. I love their sweetness and tartness, and they’re so good for you! Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and have been shown to boost brain health. That means that not only is this Quick & Easy Blueberry Jam delicious, but it’s also healthy!
I make this jam whenever I find myself with a surplus of blueberries. Making this Quick & Easy Blueberry Jam is an excellent way to use up fresh berries. As a lover of all things sweet, I can’t resist a good jam. I pair it with toast, yogurt, ice cream, you name it! The list of possibilities is endless!
I usually play around with this recipe at night, so I can have it in the morning. The jam takes about two hours to make, and it gives me a whole week of savory breakfast! That is, if I can manage to keep it around that long…
This jam is made with just three ingredients: blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice. That’s it! These three ingredients come together to make a delicious and healthy jam that anyone is sure to love.
Once done, Quick & Easy Blueberry Jam can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. I like to keep mine in a mason jar, so I can quickly grab it in the morning — plus, mason jars make it so cute! Anyone in the house can spot it right away and help themselves to a spoonful or two!
If you love blueberry jam but you don’t have a full set of canning equipment, this recipe is for you. With just three ingredients and a little time, you can make a batch of jam tonight that will be ready for breakfast tomorrow.Print
Quick & Easy Blueberry Jam
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy blueberries, make Quick & Easy Blueberry Jam! This jam is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s also great on toast, waffles, pancakes, or yogurt.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 10-12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Put the berries in a heavy-duty 3-quart saucepan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Turn heat on medium-high.
- Use a potato masher to mash and stir the berries until the berries are bubbling around the edge of the pan (about 2 minutes).
- Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the sugar is dissolved (about a minute).
- Add the lemon juice, turn up the heat to high, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Continue to boil for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring as needed, until the mixture reaches 218 degrees F (use a candy thermometer or a probe thermometer).
- Remove saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer your steaming jam to a heatproof container and let it cool to room temperature (about an hour). Stir occasionally.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks—as if it will last that long!
Want to start growing blueberries at home? Blueberries are a favorite of everyone, everywhere! With our Blueberry Bonanza Gardening Guide, you’ll have everything you need to know about growing and enjoying this delicious and healthful fruit.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and delicious—please tell us how it turned out for you.