If you’re an avocado toast person, you might be tired of the jokes that paint you as some kind of hipster who shuns pancakes. But hat tip to you friend; you know what’s up. Avocado toast is actually quite good when done right. I’m good with a little salt and pepper, and I love it with a little spice of sliced shallots. But I have to say, this strawberry avocado toast is the perfect mix of sweet, savory, and fresh!
And because you are packing so much into one slice, it’s a full serving all on its own. Instead of having two boring pieces of toast for breakfast, you can have one slice topped with this most luscious combo of flavors, with enough fats in the avocado to satiate you. I mean, you will probably want two slices because it’s so darn good, but you could have just one.
Most people don’t think of combining strawberries and avocado on toast, but it’s not as weird as it sounds, and with the honey, it’s almost like dessert! In fact, with this trio of strawberries, avocado, and thinly sliced shallots, you won’t know if it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or all three! What you may know, is that you’ll want a second helping.
Nutritious avocado brings healthy fats to the table, while fresh strawberries and raw honey bring the sweet antioxidants. If you grow microgreens, this is the perfect opportunity to use them.Print
Strawberry Avocado Toast
Enjoy this strawberry avocado toast, with drizzled honey, crisp shallots and fresh-picked microgreens. It’s truly delish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 slices of thick sandwich bread, toasted
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 strawberry, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 tsp finely sliced shallot
- Optional: A pinch of fresh-cut microgreens
- Toast your bread slices, then use half the honey and smooth a light layer across both pieces of toast.
- While the bread is toasting, remove meat from the avocado, and mix with lime juice in a small bowl, using a fork to mash, not whip, then top finished toast generously in a thick even layer.
- Sprinkle with strawberry pieces and shallot slices, then drizzle with remaining honey. Top with fresh microgreens and a crank of fresh black pepper, then cut into halves, and enjoy!
If you try this strawberry avocado toast, I’d love to hear what you think!