Speaking of breakfast, this dish is just perfect for the first meal of the day. The avocado’s creamy texture pairs perfectly with a just-set egg and crispy bacon.Print
Baked Avocado Boats
Speaking of breakfast, this dish is just perfect for the first meal of the day. The avocado’s creamy texture pairs perfectly with a just-set egg and crispy bacon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop 1 tablespoon of avocado out of each half to create more space for egg. Discard can be used for another recipe.
- Place hollowed avocados in a baking dish. Crack eggs, one at a time into a small bowl. Using a spoon, transfer one yolk to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as will fit without spilling over.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny, 20 to 25 minutes. Cover with foil if the avocados start to brown.
- While eggs are baking, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and chop.
- Top avocados with bacon and chives before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s such an easy-to-make power breakfast—please tell us how it turned out for you.