Overnight Cinnamon Bread
Cinnamon bread was saved for special occasions when I was growing up, and Christmas morning certainly qualifies. You can do all the prep work on Christmas Eve, so you just need to wake up, pop the loaf pans in the oven, and get ready to dig in!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8 to 10 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for the pans
- 1 cup whole milk
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coat three 5 3/4 x 3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then sprinkle with flour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat until well combined. Pour into the loaf pans, then cover and chill for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slice and serve warm, or let cool completely and wrap individually to give away to guests.
- If you prefer, you can pour the batter into one 9 x 13-inch baking dish and bake it for 45 to 50 minutes.
Keywords: cinnamon bread