Berry–Oat Breakfast Bake
There’s nothing that brightens up a morning more than a variety of berries, wouldn’t you agree? Not only do they add a colorful burst to your day, but you get plenty of healthy nutrients in your system, so you’re ready to conquer what’s to come.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Yogurt and honey, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, add the milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix well. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, add the blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, and pecans, and mix until well blended.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the sliced strawberries. Cut into squares and serve warm with yogurt and honey.
can you freeze them?