How To Make The Perfect Slow-Cooked Veggie Omelet
Instead of trying to make individual omelets each morning, try this slow cooker version that’s packed with vegetables and easy to prepare.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1–2 small shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, shallots, and garlic to the slow cooker and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and herbes de Provence and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the eggs are set; start checking after 1 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and cook on High for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the omelet into wedges and serve garnished with tomato, scallions, and sour cream.