Easy Overnight Eggs Benedict
The last thing you want to do in the morning is make eggs benedict for the whole family. This casserole is made the night before and combines all of the flavors you love into one big dish.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Set Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 13 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (7-ounce) ham steaks, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 English muffins, toasted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (.9-ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, scallions, and salt.
- Spread half of the ham in the baking dish. Place the toasted English mufﬁn cubes on top of the ham and then top with the remaining ham. Pour the egg mixture over the casserole, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle the paprika over the casserole, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the egg mixture is set, an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the milk and hollandaise sauce mix together in a saucepan. Add the butter and bring to a boil, stirring. Lower the heat to a simmer and stir until thick. Drizzle the sauce over the casserole and serve, garnished with parsley sprigs.
- Use whole-wheat English mufﬁns for a healthier alternative.