These Blazing Fast Blueberry Muffins are ready to eat in about six minutes! They’re packed with flavor and all the strength you need to take on the day. The best part is that they’re made with real blueberries, so you know they’ll be delicious. Cleaning up is easy as well; you just need a mug and your microwave to make them!
I like to make these muffins with my kids on the weekend because they add a bit of novelty to breakfast! It’s super kid-friendly; they can stir the ingredients in the mug and set it in the microwave all on their own!
The Blazing Fast Blueberry Muffins are perfect for busy mornings because of how “blazing fast” they are to make. There’s no need to wait on the oven to preheat with this recipe! I love having my blueberry muffins with a cup of tea or coffee. They have just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy my craving without being overbearing.
If I get a sudden craving for fresh blueberries, I always think of this recipe! They’re also great for snacks and dessert. When I’m in the mood to take my blueberries to the next level, I add some yogurt or whipped cream to the muffins. It’s an easy way to make them even more delicious.
Whether it’s just you for breakfast, or you get a hankering for a muffin but you don’t have time to bake up a whole batch, try this quick and easy method.Print
Blazing Fast Blueberry Muffins
In the morning rush, we all need a little something to help us power through the day. For a quick and easy breakfast that’s enough to keep you going until lunch, make Blazing Fast Blueberry Muffins!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1
- Category: Breakfast
- Oil, cooking spray, or butter for greasing
- 2 tablespoons blueberries—fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour, almond meal, or ground flax (or a combination of them)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or sugar
- Optional: 1 tablespoon yogurt or whipped cream
- Grease a microwave-safe mug or bowl with butter or oil.
- Mix your dry ingredients together thoroughly—in a mixing bowl or right in your greased bowl or mug.
- Add the egg and honey and mix it all together.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Microwave at 30-second intervals, checking each time for doneness.
- Do not over-microwave or the muffin will be tough.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream, if desired.
Want to start growing blueberries at home? Blueberries are a favorite of everyone, everywhere! With our Blueberry Bonanza Gardening Guide, you’ll have everything you need to know about growing and enjoying this delicious and healthful fruit.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and will compete with any blueberry muffin you can buy at a bakery. Please tell us how it turned out for you.