Looking for something light and refreshing? Try out this Quinoa Confetti Salad with Sugar Snap Peas! It’s going to be a sure hit for vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike because of its greens and high protein content.
As you might already know, sugar snap peas are probably the sweetest among all the pea varieties. It’s why they’re perfect for this salad as their sweetness mixes nicely with the nutty, roasted flavors coming from both the quinoa and the pepitas. Quinoa also has an earthy flavor and chewy, fluffy texture that is comparable to brown rice.
One thing to note about quinoa is that you need to rinse it properly to get rid of its naturally bitter taste. Packaged quinoa is typically pre-rinsed, but it won’t hurt to rinse it again just before cooking.
As with most pea recipes, you need to be quick in cooking your peas to retain their tender-crisp texture. Otherwise, they’re going to be too soggy to enjoy. The trick is to dry them up and let them cool immediately after boiling them.
Toasted pepitas also complement the crispy texture of the sugar snap peas. Pepitas emit a wonderful fragrance that will make you want to dig more into this recipe.
The dressing made from olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper is what tops off this dish with a light but delicious coating. What’s even better is that when all the ingredients are cooked right, this salad won’t get soggy and you can even pack it for lunch!
You can also enjoy a light but hearty summer dinner with this Quinoa Confetti Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, or bring it to a potluck that’s coming up soon!Print
Quinoa Confetti Salad with Sugar Snap Peas
Vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike will love this hearty Quinoa Confetti Salad with Sugar Snap Peas
—perfect for potlucks, packed lunches, and it’s filling enough for a summer dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Add the sugar snap peas and boil for one minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to a few layers of paper towels to dry and cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch long pieces.
- Place a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pepitas and cook, stirring constantly, until toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add quinoa, peas, and pepitas to a large bowl along with the carrots, onion, and chives. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss again to coat.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- To store, cover tightly with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Have you tried this Quinoa Confetti Salad with Sugar Snap Peas recipe? It’s so easy and will fill you up on a warm evening when you want to eat lightly, but nutritiously. Please tell us how it turned out for you.